Calgary Gel Staining
Gel stain is a highly pigmented oil stain that is specially designed for use on hard to stain surfaces. Gel stain is great at giving synthetic materials a natural wood look.
Gel Staining Process:
- The First step is to clean everything with either a strong degreaser like TSP or a thinning solution.
- Next we tape off all areas not being stained with painters grade masking tape.
- Once the prep is done we can apply atleast 2 coats of gel stain. For a darker more solid look we apply additional coats to meet the desired look.
- After the stain has cured for atleast 48hrs we can apply a poly-urethane or spar-urethane clear finish.
- Once we are finished gel staining we clean everything up and restore the work area to its prior state.
Gel Staining Products:
For all our gel staining services we recommend going with these high quality products from OldMasters brand stain.